Sprinkler Repair Questions - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 52

Sprinkler repair questions

I had a zone stop working on Sunday. When I turned it on the first head in the series started sputtering and stopped. The other three zones are functioning normally. I checked the box and there is a small dripping from only this zone so I am assuming that either the solenoid and or the valve itself is bad

I am planning on replacing it with a new valve. I know I need to turn off the water. I believe I have a Stop & Waste valve and need to get a curb key so that I can turn it off. ( it is 6' below ground). Do I need to bleed the valve? do I need to mess with the back flow preventer?

TIA

Z
zymurgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,042

Re: Sprinkler repair questions

I can turn mine off at the back flow preventer, take a look at yours and see if you can too.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement