Sprinkler Head Adjustment Question - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 744

Sprinkler head adjustment question

Hi there,

I have two quick questions regarding sprinkler head adjustments.

1) Can rotary heads be adjusted (for distance, and radius) with a regular screwdriver?

2) I have a fixed head that sprays water 180 degrees. The pictures below show a similar head, as well as a sketch of how it's watering a strip of grass on the side of my yard. Is it possible somehow make the head only shoot water to the sides, rather than spraying it a full 180 degrees? I only want the green strip in my sketch to get watered.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Sprinkler head adjustment question-sprinkler.jpg   Sprinkler head adjustment question-radius.png  
harpua728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 7,538

Re: Sprinkler head adjustment question

On the rotaries, yes you can adjust distance and pattern. First you have to figure out what brand and model you have (although probably many are similar). Then google the instructions or You-Tube video. On my Hunter PGP rotaries, first there is a replaceable plastic nozzle for how much water flows. You can buy just the nozzles - typically as an assortment. Then there is a small screw that protrudes into the spray, that adjusts the hi-low somewhat.

The holes in the top of the rotary adjust how much rotation angle. I am the wrong guy to ask for how to adjust those. I have done it, but I end up soaked every time.

Pop ups should be adjustable too, but I can't help you with those. Never had to adjust mine.
SPS-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 818

For the other had that you want to have wondering a strip instead of 180 all you need to do is replace the actual head of the pop-up. They are threaded on and are quite easy to replace. They are readily available at most big-box stores or online and the cost is very minimal, somewhere around $1-$1.50.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,042

Most rotaries need a special tool to adjust them according to brand, and on the fixed head you can buy a new head to match the strip in your illustration, but you can't adjust what you already have.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #5
Knows Enough to be Danger

Rewards Points: 1,215

I'm pretty sure mine just use a small flathead screwdriver. I have my startup tomorrow, I can check then
NickTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement