Sprinkler Control System - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #1

Sprinkler Control System

I just purchased a new home and for the life of me I cannot find the sprinkler control box. I have looked everywhere. Is it possible to run the sprinklers without one? There are probably 15 sprinkler heads throughout the front and back yards. I am seriously stumped. There's an irrigation control box out by the street but it only has one valve and when turned it doesn't do anything.
tylerwinckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 7,548

Re: Sprinkler Control System

Control box needs power, so it needs someplace to be plugged into. Mine is in my garage. You will have one or two valve boxes in the ground ---- possibly one if your area is not too big, or if water supplied from a central location, possibly one valve box in the front, one valve box in the back. To minimize wiring and trenching, controller is expected to be close to one of the valve boxes.
SPS-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,042

Your back flow preventer should give you a clue, also an electrical line going inside the building.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #4
Guapo

Rewards Points: 11,950

Also, there should be a valve & a pipe that gives you a clue too.
Guap0_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 818

Call your realtor, they are really pretty good about giving you information about features of your home. Or else if you know who owned it previously just give them a call or drop them a note.

If you feel like hunting, as mentioned previously in the garages the first place to look. Some controllers are also weatherproof and can be placed outside, do you know where your backflow preventer is for the sprinkler system? If so I would start looking around there. Another place I see them is in your basement (if you have one).

They are normally a relatively small box, 8"-10" square are so.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 122

It's possible to run sprinklers without the conventional sprinkler control valves but they'd require some sort of operating valve. No sign of an underground valve box? Maybe it's buried behind a bush or in a garage or shed?
Joeycarnuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement