Splitting The Main Sprinkler System Line - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 34
Question

Splitting the main Sprinkler system line

I have a sprinkler system currently with 4 zones. I have rachio control setup which can take upto 8 zones. Excuse the drawing. Orange dots are sprinkler heads.

I'm considering extending to 8 zone. zone 4 is all the in the back of the house near my garden area. This is where I want to install the second inground box so I can 4 more zones.

My question is, Can I split the black water main and remove current zone 4 pipe and connect it to the split water main and use the red pipe as my second water main? Then have this red pipe go to the second box which will then feed additional 4 zones? I will run separate wires to the rachio box from the second inground box.

The reason for this is so I don't have to dig a new pipe all the way to the second box. This is more than 150ft.

All pipes are poly tubing but I can't remember what size.

Last edited by sam240; 07-27-2018 at 10:31 AM.
sam240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 122

Re: Splitting the main Sprinkler system line

From what you describe it sounds possible. You'll want to figure out the pipe size of the red line to ensure it's large enough to provide the flow you need to run your new zones.
I noticed you only have 3 heads per zone, do you have pop-ups or rotary heads?
Joeycarnuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
irrigation system , sprinkler irrigation , sprinkler pipes