Side Of House With Gas Line...landscaping Options? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 216

Side of house with gas line...landscaping options?

Hi all,

The side of my house runs all the way to the back yard to the front sidewalk curb.

Beside the house is just dirt.

Beside the driveway all the way up to the sidewalk is little rock pebbles.

I want to do something about this. My first thought is to simply extend the paving next to the drive way, and pave a path all the way to the backyard.

Then I learned that I have a gas line that runs in this area. Now, I'm not sure on the rules of a gas line, but it appears that there may not be rules. The neighbor next door obviously has a gas line on the side of his house, and he has it paved in. My "guess" is that there are no restrictions for paving over a gas line, but if there's any repairs, you won't be reimbursted if the concrete needs to be torn up.

I want this area to be very functional. Meaning, hard-surfaced. The reason is because:

1) Gives me more driveway space for motorcycles and vehicles.
2) I keep all my trashcans in this area of the house, so having a hard surface to roll them out to the street is a must-have all year long.

I know I don't want grass, because that implies sprinkler work. Plus, it fails to meet what I want.

What do you guys think my options are? I have a budget of a couple thousand, but I want to see what's possible.

Perhaps decorative pavers?
kawahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 216

Re: Side of house with gas line...landscaping options?

See attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Side of house with gas line...landscaping options?-img_5989.jpg   Side of house with gas line...landscaping options?-img_5990.jpg  
kawahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 996

Re: Side of house with gas line...landscaping options?

pavers
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement