Self Draining Sprinkler System - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

self draining sprinkler system

Hi new to this forum. Have a home in the sierra foothills of ca (3500 ft elevation) and travel quite a bit. Our cold weather can be all over the board. So if I winterize in November we might not get rain or cold for a month, or in the spring we can get warm weather for three weeks then a week of snow, both leaving me with an unwatered yard or frozen pipes. I'm trying to figure out a way to have the system be self draining and remotely controlled. I've found several wifi controllers that have very good ratings and have heard about in line drain valves that can be placed at the low point of each run. However that seems to leave me with water in the actual valves and on the street side of the valves. Is there a way to have each valve be self draining and not have to turn the main water line off at the street?

Thanks for the wisdom

Amjay
amjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement