Runoff And Concrete Question - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 8

Runoff and Concrete Question

I have a small gully/water bed that is dry except when it rains where the water runs off. It is in the middle of my yard and is no more than 2 feet across at any point, less than 20 feet long, and no more than 3 feet deep at any point. Like a fool I tried filling it with dirt but with the first strong rain all the soil washed away. Could I fill it with concrete and create a walkway, albeit one that will be soaked every time it rains? Or would that too be a useless endeavor?

-Robert
rgh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,194

Re: Runoff and Concrete Question

Welcome to the forums rgh.

I have responded to your post. Please post some pics so we can see what you are seeing. Thank you.

Have you tried just crushed stone #3

Problem with all concrete is all the water will run off and create flooding in another area unless it has a place to go. Just my opinion.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 04:14 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 8

Re: Runoff and Concrete Question

Thank you for your reply! I will post pictures tomorrow, Tuesday. And yes I agree 100% the water will run off in another direction. Honestly I don't care as long as this "gully" is either filled or made into something pleasing to the eye. You are right in both cases howevervthe pictures and water running in another direction
rgh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement