Resodding Advice - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 57

Resodding advice

Resodding a 3' x 15' section. Did a soil test w/vinegar and it bubbled a little so it's a little acidic, not sure whether to add lime or not, but tilled the whole area, will mix with manure and then lay new sod.

Does it make sense to put on a top layer of really good soil? Like 3 inches? There's about a 5 inch layer right now that I loosened with the tiller.

Should I add lime? How much? I'm tired of resodding and it never taking, want to do it right this time.

Will cut these roots:

menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,170

Re: Resodding advice

Get a real soil test done to determine if you need to add lime and/or anything else. Usually easiest to apply those amendments with the tiller. From the look, that's pretty sandy soil so some organic material definitely seems in order.
stick\shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 340

Re: Resodding advice

For a 3x15 area, I would just go get a few bags of mushroom soil, some sod pieces and call it done. Your are only talking a couple pieces of sod. It looks to be in some sort of island area, so do you have the ability to water well.
ZTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement