Repair Or Replace Patio Umbrella Crank?? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By raylo32

Old 06-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 916

repair or replace patio umbrella crank??

OK, I replaced the cord on this thing a couple years ago and it worked fine until today. The crank broke. Are these crank mechanisms fairly universal or very brand specific? I got this umbrella at Lowes a long time ago and it is in decent shape otherwise. Nothing to indicate a brand. Seems like as long as a replacement fits the pole diameter and allows those slide caps to go on it would work. Where to get one?
Attached Thumbnails
repair or replace patio umbrella crank??-patio_umb_1.jpg   repair or replace patio umbrella crank??-patio_umb_2.jpg  

Last edited by raylo32; 06-04-2019 at 02:39 PM.
raylo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,190

Re: repair or replace patio umbrella crank??

Time for a new one raylo. Lol.

You can try, contact manufacture and see what they say. If anyone would have one that would fit your particular type of umbrella, it would be them.

I don't think you will have much luck with a universal one or if you could even fine one. Someone else may know more about them. Hope you can figure something out raylo.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 916

Re: repair or replace patio umbrella crank??

I'm afraid you are correct, it's time for a new one. No idea who the mfg is or what it was branded. Looks like Lowes has some suitable replacements in stock 2 miles down the road. But I'll need to take this one to the dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon View Post
Time for a new one raylo. Lol.

You can try, contact manufacture and see what they say. If anyone would have one that would fit your particular type of umbrella, it would be them.

I don't think you will have much luck with a universal one or if you could even fine one. Someone else may know more about them. Hope you can figure something out raylo.
jmon likes this.
Advertisement