PVC Cutting Tool - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By ddawg16
  • 1 Post By mark sr
  • 1 Post By Bondo
  • 1 Post By Gymschu
  • 1 Post By CaptTom

Old 02-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 9,726

PVC Cutting Tool

All these years I've cut my 1/2" and 3/4" PVC pipe with a hacksaw or sawzall.

Well....over the weekend I thought, what the heck....I'll try one of those hand held PVC cutters.

I sure wish I had bought it years ago. Makes it so much quicker and cleaner

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
retired painter

Rewards Points: 612

Re: PVC Cutting Tool

My first one was a cheap one and after a few yrs it started cutting them crooked so I bought a better one which is still working good. Sure does beat a handsaw!
ddawg16 likes this.
mark sr is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,722

Quote:
I sure wish I had bought it years ago. Makes it so much quicker and cleaner
Ayuh,.... 1st time I saw 1 was, my B-i-l had 1, 'n I used it,.......

I ran out, 'n bought my own right after,.....

It's 1 of those tools, that once I got 1, I donno how I lived without it before,....

Got 2 or 3 now stashed in various spots,......
ddawg16 likes this.
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Rewards Points: 78

I'm with you Ddawg. I don't do a lot of plumbing so I never had the need for the fancy cutters. Then I had a bunch to do on a house I was remodeling. I bit the bullet and bought a pair. They are da bomb!
ddawg16 likes this.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:40 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,398

Buy good ones. I managed to bend the handle on a cheap one. I think some are made just barely stronger than the pipe they're designed to cut.

And believe it when they give the maximum diameter and schedule pipe it's good for. No, it won't cut the one just a teeny bit larger.
ddawg16 likes this.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 750

When my PVC cutter broke I replaced it with the Home Depot brand Husky ratcheting cutters selling at $14 and they are better than ones that have cost twice as much. Whoever the product manager is for Husky they are doing a very good job.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 534

I had a good friend that totally remodeled his house. Stripped it to the 2by4’s. I redid the hvac, he asked if I would redo the plumbing (copper pipe). Since he was a friend I told him I would on the condition that he be my helper. He made good money but generally paid someone to do all his work. He agreed and over the course of a few weekends and a few beers and cook outs we got it done. The last day as we finished up he said “It sure was a pain sanding all those pipes and fittings. They ought to make a tool for that, instead of using this sandpaper” I told him they did and I reached in the top of my tool box and pulled one out. It has a few wire brush holes and a couple male brushes on the end just for that purpose. All the guys laughed when he asked “why didn’t you let me use it?” I said “you never asked lol”. Really I just wanted to get some physical work out of him. And bust his chops too. He smoked like a chimney and never did anything physical. He has passed now and I think of him often. Anyway I just wanted to point out it’s amazing what a little tool will do for you. Just like a pvc cutter. Just makes life easy

Last edited by BayouRunner; 04-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.
BayouRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
retired painter

Rewards Points: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark sr View Post
My first one was a cheap one and after a few yrs it started cutting them crooked so I bought a better one which is still working good. Sure does beat a handsaw!

My replacement died about a month ago [blade broke] Since I remembered it having some sort of warranty I took it with me when I went to Lowes. They no longer sell that brand of cutters and didn't even have the part number in the computer. I was all set to buy a new one when they offered me another brand as a replacement [more expensive] free of charge. I left a happy camper!
mark sr is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement