From Patio Slab To Flagstone - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

from patio slab to flagstone

I'm not sure this has ever been done but...we have a 96sf slab patio that has big crack and seperated. so I want to cut it in sections (flagstone shapes) then stain the pcs and re-use it as flagstone. any one heard of this being done?
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Should not be a problem as long as no sealing or paint is on the existing concrete. Clean thoroughly. then stain, then shape joints with a 4" diamond grinder wheel. Then stain the joints. then end look will be as good as your artistic ability.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

thanks Bob

Thanks Bob, The exsisiting slab has never been stained or sealed in any way, the concrete is about 30 yrs old. I work for a home improvement store in the paint / decor dept so I know about the prep involved in staining concrete. if this works out as planned it will not only save alot of money reusing the concrete "chunks" rather than buying flagstone, but also when ever poaaible I try to re-use, and it will also give me a fun project to do. Maybe i'll even post before and after pictures.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement