Out Of 3 Palettes Of Emerald, Only 2 Were Acceptable - Some Ant Infested. - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 616

Out of 3 palettes of Emerald, only 2 were acceptable - some ant infested.

Part vent and part seeking advice. I ordered 3 palettes of Emerald zoysia last week from a reputable local distributer - Coshatt's sod farm. It was to be cut Friday and delivered Saturday.

It arrived Saturday morning as expected. As soon as the truck pulled away and I started pulling squares off the first palette I noticed the pieces look distressed and dried out. See pics below of the dirt on the back. It wasn't the brown I expected but rather orangish and dried out. The sod itself looked like it was singed.

The other two palettes looked much different and more like what I was expecting, until I got halfway through the third palette and noticed it was infested with ant. Thousands of ants all in the sod with white larvae scattered about.

Is this normal?

The owner of the sod company is only willing to comp me a half palette and at first only wanted to offer a discount on a new palette delivery. I've rode across town to visit other job sites and their crated sod, sitting for 4 days now, looks much better than some of the sod I received that apparently was less than 24 hours cut.

Thoughts?

Last edited by homeimproverjoe; 05-15-2017 at 11:03 AM.
homeimproverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement