Newbee - Need Landscaping Advice - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Newbee - Need Landscaping Advice

Hi there, first time on the site and a second time homeowner....I have recently purchased a California Bungalow in West Sacramento Ca. Starting with a blank slate can be fun but overwhelming! I need some ideas! I want to do the garden myself...and plant a mostly drought resistant garden...I have three large very old very poorly kept Walnut trees...I just love...The house was built in 1928 and is only 720 sq ft....I am guessing they (Black Walnuts) are as old as the house...Because they have been neglected they look deformed...but I love them and want to keep them.....I'm hoping getting a pro in to prune will save them...or put them back on the track to looking majestic once again...now the yard .....small front yard with a concrete path down the centre to the steps....the lot is 5000 sq ft...with one of the Walnuts placed to one side of the back yard....Questions...I need to cover the cyclone fencing all the way along the side...with an evergreen vine...easy to manage and fast growing flowers or light fragrance would be nice....??

would love some feedback or suggestions I have been doing a lot of window shopping...already bring with me a red maple and green Jap/maple....so I can incorporate into whatever garden plan.....
thanks hope you got the pics...Christine
Attached Thumbnails
Newbee - Need Landscaping Advice-11071958_0.jpg   Newbee - Need Landscaping Advice-my-house-front.jpg  
Christine Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement