New Skip Laurels - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 744

New Skip Laurels

Hey there. I just planted new skip laurels and a few of them came from the nursery with yellow leaves on the bottom and even some bare spots on the bottom. This picture, though not the clearest, shows one such plant that has this issue.

The landscaper said that it's from them being packed in together so closely at the nursery and from transporting them to my house. He said that it should turn green and grow leaves in the bare spots.

For any "experts" out there do you think they will be ok?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
New Skip Laurels-img_2123.jpg  
harpua728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Re: New Skip Laurels

@harpua728 i think you should be ok, I know it's not the exact situation but my very first vegetable garden I got pre starts from my local nursery and had virtually the same thing I planted them let them re establish themselves and then I pruned off whatever suspect limbs and leave I munched them and never had a problem after that, your landscaper is probably right most places pack in so much inventory that it gets tough for light to penetrate the tops of all the plants on top of them top watering spreading the possibility of diseases. So as long as it's in healthy soil getting good sunlight I don't see why it wouldn't recover

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by lp08ss; 05-13-2017 at 09:58 AM.
lp08ss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lp08ss For This Useful Post:
harpua728 (05-13-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2017, 08:24 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 744

I've also noticed small holes in some leaves as well as some that look like they've been "bitten" if that makes sense. I've looked it up and see that it could be an issue but should I complain to the nursery or will they be ok?
harpua728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

@harpua728 Maybe research if there's any common pests that may effect your plant and keep an eye out to see if it gets any worse, if it does you may have some active pest control to do. But if not it may just be damage to the plant from the nursery that you may just be noticing now, I mean if you want to go ahead and let the nursery know that a couple of your plants weren't exactly satisfactory just for their future reference but I'm not too sure if theyd be willing to do much for you other than maybe helping guide you through your situation. But that's just my 2 cents I've never really had many problems I've had to address directly with a nursery so I'm inexperienced in that regard but by all means if you feel you should have a word with them then I say do it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
lp08ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement