New Concrete Patio - Edge Draining? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 101

New Concrete Patio - Edge Draining?

My new patio was finally poured last week and looks great. It is properly sloped away from the house for drainage, but I'm wondering if this is going to cause a swamp issue down the road as about 400 square feet that was previously dirt/grass is now going to be draining to an edge about 35' long.

I have not quite figured out what I am doing in terms of landscaping - right now the yard is all dirt. That will probably wait until spring at this point, but I'm wondering if I should (or even can) put in some drainage along the edge to disperse the water across more of the yard.

I am in SE Michigan. My soil is very sandy and drains quite quickly. Would a border of rocks/gravel be a good idea to allow water to drain down faster? Perforated pipe to a dry well?

Any advice to eliminate a problem before it happens is appreciated.
tev9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,342

Re: New Concrete Patio - Edge Draining?

Quote:
but I'm wondering if this is going to cause a swamp issue down the road as about 400 square feet that was previously dirt/grass is now going to be draining to an edge about 35' long.

I have not quite figured out what I am doing in terms of landscaping - right now the yard is all dirt. That will probably wait until spring at this point,
Ayuh,..... So long as the grade along the 35' pitches Away from the house,.....

I wouldn't worry 'bout it,.....

Maybe scatter some contractor quik-green grass seed 'round the area,.....
It'll be grass before winter freeze up,.....
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement