Need Help Identifying Issue. Erosion? Rats? Something Else? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Need help identifying issue. Erosion? Rats? Something else?

Hello all. I am hoping for some help identifying this issue: imgur.com/a/mQXxs9C
There is a small void running around the corner of the house a down a hill right where to gutters end. We have long assumed it was erosion but some small holes in the soil seem to have grown this year. We have voles, so I thought they might have just gotten right up against the foundation. However, there was a burrow under the rose bush at the top of the hill when we moved in. I filled it with large rocks and soil back then and I donít think it has been disturbed since. Googling this issue it seems possible it was a rat burrow and that the erosion is actually from rats running along the wall. I donít see any oil, donít smell anything funky and havenít found any droppings. I also havenít seen any gnaw marks, and the siding was just redone this summer and there were no obvious damage issues underneath. The inside is a finished basement, but no water, dirt, or rodent intrusions that I know of. Still, the holes look a lot like animal tunnels. Some do connect to each other along the foundation but only the large hole at the mid point of the slope seems like it might possibly go in any other direction. This is in north Idaho. What is this and how should I resolve it? Thanks!
Robert406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
drainage , erosion , foundation , rats