Need Help Getting A Great Lawn - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 191

Need help getting a great lawn

OK. so i am having irrigation installed today.

i aerated (core aeration) a few weeks ago. and then shortly after i overseeded the entire yard with criss cross pattern.

i have been watering everyday and all the guys are showing up, once the blades started showing up and hit a little over an 1" i drpoped starter fertilizer and made sure to water in nicely.

i am trying to set the foundation for next year. what i am curious about is the best ways to add more seed and elimiante weeds.

as soon as the last snow thaws i want to drop pre emergent and weed and feed. i am assuming that will eliminate any chaance of dropping seeds after since pre emergent is long lasting.

what else can id o? i plan on doing a soil test in early spring as well to make sure it has the necessary nutrients and ph level.

also, i have a clover problem. will weed/feed and pre emergent solve that?

as for seeds i have been using jonathon green black beauty utlra

location - southeastern CT
rygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement