My Sprinker Will Not Shut Off - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 67

My Sprinker will not shut off

One of my zones of my underground sprinkler would not shut off yesterday. I have since turned the supply line off. I believe I need to change one of the valves but not exactly sure what to purchase. Here is a pic of my box. Can someone please help? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78cru74jo9d8vvx/2016-06-09%2018.12.40.jpg?dl=0
tate16t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 188

Re: My Sprinker will not shut off

Search for Irritrol. If you did down, you should see some markings. It's likely a bad solenoid. They unscrew from the valve. Try swapping with one of the working valves.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 818

Re: My Sprinker will not shut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlandkpl View Post
Search for Irritrol. If you did down, you should see some markings. It's likely a bad solenoid. They unscrew from the valve. Try swapping with one of the working valves.
99% of the time a bad solenoid will cause the opposite problem, the zone will not come on instead of turning off! I'd be more inclined to think that there is some foreign material locked inside of the valve or the spring that keeps the valve closed has broken. It's very easy to take the valves apart and repair or replace the inner workings without actually having to do any plumbing.
Advertisement