Modify Landscape Light From Flood To Spot - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 77

Modify landscape light from flood to spot

How can I convert a recently purchased floodlight (110 degree beam angle) to a narrow beam (8 - 15 degree) uplight?

(https://www.lowes.com/pd/Holiday-Liv...ght/1000333077)

BACKGROUND:
I am in a new house and having to rethink my holiday decorations. So, I went to Lowe's and purchased two flood lights, simple plug-in style with Red, Green, and White light option I can use all year round.

I set them up and got a text from the wife to turn off the light...I also bought a laser light that I thought was the issue and turned it off. I later went to bed and saw the issue...the two flood lights made my bedroom look like the Griswald's moved in next door.

WHAT I WANT:
I have 4 large pillars on my two story house. I want 4 uplights to shine up on the pillars (and not in my bedroom). I really like the multi-color option. Does anyone have any clever ideas to turn these 110 degree beam angle lights into an 8 - 15 degree angle light. I tried finding ones to buy, but couldn't locate any that gave me Red, Green and White at 8 - 15 degrees (I did find one by Philips ColorBurst PowerCore at about $500 a piece).
sippinjoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,168

Re: Modify landscape light from flood to spot

- Take it back?
- Cut a ring of some material and place it over the lens. Eight-ten degrees is tight even for many spotlights. Maybe a tube made from a concentrated juice container or something similar.
- Use a timer to turn the lights off when you go to bed. I've never much understood Christmas lights (or any outside lights for that matter) left on all night unless it is for some particular reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
landscape lighting