Milwaukee M18 Trimmer And Blower - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

Milwaukee M18 Trimmer and Blower

So these two followed me home from the big orange store last night.

I put them to work today on the yard. I live at the end of a Cul De Sac so my lot is fairly large and pie shaped. I have over 400' of privacy fence to trim as well as around the house, trees, driveway, deck, and grandkid yard play sets.

It took me a little less than an hour to trim, edge and blow away the cuttings. I still had 2 bars out of 4 left on the 9.0 AH battery when I was done.

The trimmer has two speed settings, I kept it on high the whole time. It had plenty of power for anything you would encounter in a normal yard. It cut tall crabgrass like a champ.

The blower worked great and made short work of the clippings.

I think I'll add a harness clip to it, while I don't have to have it, by the end my arm was getting tired.

If anyone is on the fence on the this trimmer, consider me a Buy vote.
chromdome35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Rewards Points: 136

Re: Milwaukee M18 Trimmer and Blower

I am so tempted to buy a cordless blower. I do volunteer work for our local trail system and one of my jobs is blowing off leaves, debris, etc. from the parking lot. The guy at HD showed me the merits of one of the brands (green in color) and I was impressed but the price scared me away.......for now.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 12

Looking at a combo set just like this. So far have read about Ryobi 18v and 40v and Ego and Echo. I need to use the trimmer for edging too which I guess is a learned skill?? And the blower needs to have a low power setting too for simple things like cleaning out the garage floor. Is this suitable do you think?
grantb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantb5 View Post
Looking at a combo set just like this. So far have read about Ryobi 18v and 40v and Ego and Echo. I need to use the trimmer for edging too which I guess is a learned skill?? And the blower needs to have a low power setting too for simple things like cleaning out the garage floor. Is this suitable do you think?
I love mine. The blower on the Milwaukee has a variable speed trigger so you can go strong or light with the airflow.
chromdome35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 4

Love my ryobi trimmer and edge me. 40v lasts forever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
tommyrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement