Looking To Buy Tow Behind Lawn Spreader - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By diy_jeff

Old 04-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 94

Looking to buy tow behind lawn spreader

Hello all.

I am wanting to purchase a tow behind lawn spreader to spread fertilizer and lime on my lawn. Pushing wears me out, though it is good exercise.

If you have one, what brand is it? Had any issues with it? How about even spreading?

I do not want one that is too cheap. Metal gearing would be a plus. Maybe it would last longer with metal gearing in it. Seems like the spread pattern on lawn spreaders is not all that good. My push spreader does not produce an even spread pattern. Much more on the right than left.

Thanks,
jj
diy_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Guapo

Rewards Points: 11,950

Re: Looking to buy tow behind lawn spreader

https://www.amazon.com/Fertilizer-Sp...in%3A492094011

Amazon has a bunch of them.
Guap0_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 888

Agri-Fab makes some of the best ones I've seen. Just pick one it's got the capacity that you need for the site here you're going to be covering. Actually there's definitely nothing wrong with nylon gearing for something like this because it will be affected by the acidity of the materials being spread nor the water used to clean it. If you get one with metal gears make sure it's well sealed and lubricated as required.
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Agri-Fab makes some of the best ones I've seen. Just pick one it's got the capacity that you need for the site here you're going to be covering. Actually there's definitely nothing wrong with nylon gearing for something like this because it will be affected by the acidity of the materials being spread nor the water used to clean it. If you get one with metal gears make sure it's well sealed and lubricated as required.
I've seen the Agri-Fab spreaders. They make several models. Thanks for the info on the gearing. Maybe nylon gearing would be ok.
Msradell likes this.
diy_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement