Landscaping Plan, Weeds And Grading. - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mark sr

Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 8

Landscaping plan, weeds and grading.

We plan on doing all of our own landscaping except the concrete pad. We have a plan. The weeds are out of control. Would you kill them chemically and start with a clean slate or just destroy them while grading the yard? If I kill them with a weed killer will it affect future plantings or sod?
Attached Thumbnails
Landscaping plan, weeds and grading.-img_7027_1502136328391.jpg   Landscaping plan, weeds and grading.-img_7028_1502136578677.jpg  
dennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
retired painter

Rewards Points: 1,772

Re: Landscaping plan, weeds and grading.

Grading the yard will not destroy the weeds, they'll just pop up again although it might not be in the same place. Best to chemically kill the weeds. I'm not sure of the time frame but it won't hurt anything after awhile for the dead weeds to be graded or tilled under.
dennx likes this.
mark sr is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 8

Re: Landscaping plan, weeds and grading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark sr View Post
Grading the yard will not destroy the weeds, they'll just pop up again although it might not be in the same place. Best to chemically kill the weeds. I'm not sure of the time frame but it won't hurt anything after awhile for the dead weeds to be graded or tilled under.
OK. Off to HD for some weed killer concentrate. I'll blast the weeds and wait for the aftermath. Then it's on to grading with a Bobcat, unless others have advise on that also.
dennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement