Landscaping Ideas Needed - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 208

Landscaping Ideas Needed

My front lawn goes out to the street, no sidewalk no curb.. Where I was standing to take this picture I am planning on filling with top soil to raise the lawn level with top soil and plant grass seed?

I just put a new walkway in, it is "country stone", hard to see in the picture.

I pulled a ton of old over grown shrubs out on the left side of the porch. On the right side of the porch I will be removing all those shrubs this weekend. On the left of the of the porch I kept two plants/trees that I always receive comments on and put in a french drain because I always got a pond of water in that bed.

My plan is to extend the current flower bed to the walkway with black mulch then there will be no more grass (currently a 2ft wide patch).

On the right of the porch again, remove all those shrubs in the picture.
I want to make a large flower bed of mulch with a variety of shrubs and plants and extend the bed to the curve of the walk way. BUT my wife disagrees and wants to to stay the same size with new shrubs.

I know nothing about landscaping. I want color in the front of the house and not all greens. What my concerns are is what to do with the high porch roof and the sides.... I don't want to block the window on the left and right. But I don't want it to look awkward with the high rhododendron on the left and high roof. I did not do this to the rhododendron not sure how it is nude on the bottom. Previous owners? The right window should be getting replaced this year... Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Landscaping Ideas Needed-house11.jpg  
ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement