Invisible Dog Fence Problem - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lenaitch

Old 01-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 46

Invisible dog fence problem

I installed the Innotek Basic Contain and Train system. I purchased 1000ft of 18ga solid copper wire to run my double loop around a 3/4 acre fenced lot. I switched the jumper inside the box to work with up to 5,000ft of wire.

This system worked great for about 18 months, but then one of my dogs dug out and I noticed the red light on the control head was off. So I put the RF coil on the line and walked around the yard with my AM radio and couldn't find any breaks. I did have a couple of splices in the line, so I dug those up and re-spliced them with new weather proof splices and I now have a red light on the control head, but the collars will not tone. I removed the leads of the double loop from the control head and made a 20ft loop and hooked it up to the control head and the collars toned like they're supposed to.

Could there be something wrong with the control head that it can no longer send out a strong enough signal to cover the 700ft+ run? It is showing continuity because the red light comes on at the control head when the two lines from the double loop are connected to the terminals.

I also emailed the manufacturer, PetSafe, who bought out Innotek but figured I would ask here as well.

Thanks for any advice.
SouthernYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,224

Re: Invisible dog fence problem

Sorry, I'm only familiar with visible dogs.

(Sorry bud, I just couldn't resist - hope somebody comes along with actual helpful information.)
jlhaslip and Nik333 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
invisible fence , pet