How To Calibrate Old Model Drop Spreader? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 133

How to calibrate old model drop spreader?

(Pls. don't tell me about getting a broadcast spreader. I prefer the drop spreader for accuracy.)
I have had this spreader forever....and Scotts won't help me with support.
I usually eyeball the settings but decided this season to recalibrate the settings. Problem: the old 1000 model does not have calibration marks on the bottom like the newer Acu..1000. And I don't have the manual.
Anyway, approximately how deep in cm or inches should the little triangle opening be at the default setting of 6? This info would do me just fine. Thanks.
Hossenfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,566

Re: How to calibrate old model drop spreader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossenfeffer View Post
(Pls. don't tell me about getting a broadcast spreader. I prefer the drop spreader for accuracy.)
I have had this spreader forever....and Scotts won't help me with support.
I usually eyeball the settings but decided this season to recalibrate the settings. Problem: the old 1000 model does not have calibration marks on the bottom like the newer Acu..1000. And I don't have the manual.
Anyway, approximately how deep in cm or inches should the little triangle opening be at the default setting of 6? This info would do me just fine. Thanks.
Count the revolutions you would rotate the drive wheel to travel 100 feet or meters. Jack it up with a catch pan underneath and rotate the wheel the predetermined revolutions. Weigh the product dropped each trial run and you'll soon have it right on the money for accuracy for 100 sq. ft./meters.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,210

Re: How to calibrate old model drop spreader?

I'm not sure "calibration" is the word I would use, but if setting 6 is one of 10 settings, I will assume that the settings are linear - or as linear as a mass produced spreader can be. You could measure the size/width/whatever of the opening when set to fully open, then set 6 to be 60% of that.
lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement