Help Please, With Pressure Washer - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,364

help please, with pressure washer

5/11 figured it all out.

Wish I could delete this entire post.

edit: well that's a stupid connection, in my opinion, but I figured it out. All I need now is to know what the short clear hose is, (about 2' long)

PS finally reached someone at the rental store. The clear hose is for if you're using bleach.

edit, an hour later, after caving in and asking a neighbor, (who works on motorcycles) to help with connecting the pressure washer to the hose that came with it (by the unusual connection). He couldn't get it to stay on. This is a newer pressure washer by Honda. He called the rental Co and they weren't any help. They finally told me to return it Mon. morning for a full refund. Very annoying to waste 2 hrs without accomplishing anything.

5/13
returned the pressure washer and they immediately looked at the connection and turns out there was a screen/filter crammed crookedly in the hole where I was trying to insert their black hose. They said next time they'll connect the hoses before I leave. I'll wait for a Saturday when I get a free day.

help please, with pressure washer-dscn1652.jpg

Last edited by Startingover; 05-13-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Startingover is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 2,220

its an air chuck type connection. You just slide the outer ring back. Never saw this before? They have a slide ring like this on screw guns to change bits too.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jagans For This Useful Post:
Startingover (05-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Well. That small tube is not for spraying bleach. You never spray bleach through a pressure washer unless, to start, you want to risk losing a cornea!
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user1007 For This Useful Post:
Startingover (05-14-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #4

sds,
thanks. One other thing. Someone earlier mentioned psi. This one I had and will rent again was 2,300 psi. Do you think that will be hard to handle for a woman with not a lot of arm strength?

someone else mentioned 2,200 would almost be too much. I'd probably have to go somewhere else to rent a smaller one.

Last edited by Startingover; 05-14-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,012

A car wash is usually around 1100 psi. Your washer at 2200, while it is twice as much is not dramatically more difficult to handle. It is not going to blow the wand out of your hand, but it might make your arm get tired a little quicker. Some washer units have fixed pressure, others might have an adjustment knob to regulate the pressure, and others allow you to change tips on the wand. The tips might be different fan patterns or have a larger hole to lower the output pressure and raise the volume of water used.

While some jobs do require high pressure, most of the time more gallons per minute at moderate pressure will do a better job. It all depends what you are trying to clean. If you are washing wood decks or wood siding, a high pressure wand and a careless operator can completely destroy the surface.

The clear hose is the soap injector, on this pump it is installed in the high pressure line. The water passes through a venturi in the injector and pulls the soap in by vacuum. When using one like this you usually have to change to a large tip or put the wand into a high flow, low psi mode to get the soap to draw in. You may also have to open a valve at the injector to open up the soap line.
iamrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamrfixit For This Useful Post:
Startingover (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #6

iamrfixit
thanks. that makes sense about a larger spray being less pressure. I don't know if all tips are universal but I asked the rental place which to use and they said the yellow or white.

I'm only cleaning concrete (drive and patio) which are very dirty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement