Grass Seed Recommendation? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,562

Grass Seed Recommendation?

Grass in lawn from previous home owner: Fescue grass (not sure exact type of grass seed)

Grass seed used in new Lawn(additional lawn) due to land landscaping: Turf Builder Tall Fescue Mix Grass Seed

Basically, I like this type of grass seed, it stays green all the year around, unlike my neighbor (not sure what type of grass seed), his lawn turns to yellow from late fall to early spring, like dead grass.

But there is one thing I don't like my grass, if there is small bare spot, the grass root cannot expand and grow to cover the bare spot.

Is there any type of grass seed: easy to take care of, green all the year around, similar to Fescue grass, root can expand to cover small bare spots? Turf Builder Tall Fescue Mix Grass Seed has all I need but grass root not able to expand to cover bare spot. It just cannot self repair some small bare spots, which makes me feel like I need re-seed some spots every 2 years. It really take time to take care of new grass (water frequently for at least two weeks after planting grass seeds, remember watering next summer for new grass).
VAer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 266

Re: Grass Seed Recommendation?

I live in the North East and also like the turf type tall fescue. I've been over seeding with Johnathan Green Black Beauty Ultra. It has some Kentucky Bluegrass mixed in (at the version they sell around here). Kentucky Blue does self repair but it requires a good amount of sun and will brown out more than the tall fescue in extreme heat.

http://www.jonathangreen.com/product...d-mixture.html
Marky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 7,015

Re: Grass Seed Recommendation?

Quote:
But there is one thing I don't like my grass, if there is small bare spot, the grass root cannot expand and grow to cover the bare spot.

Are you sure about that? Mine seems to spread just fine. Could it be a rock or chemical spill area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement