Gap Between Soil And Foundation...? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Gap between soil and foundation...?

Hi! We recently bought a house in Dallas TX. We are currently experiencing our hottest, driest, summer in many years. We have noticed a 1/2 - 3/4 inch gab between our foundation and the soil. We have been watering like crazy, which seems to help, but I'm worrying about this. We have had one rainfall in the past two months, and after that it seemed to be much much better, until the drought started up again. Is there anything I can do, other than watering? Should I be really worried about this? Will it rectify itself when the summer ends? As a first time home buyer, I'm kinda freaking out here! Thank you so much for whatever help you can provide.
ma67cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Craftster

Rewards Points: 95

Keep watering the foundation 2 - 3 times a week if you don't get rain, use drip hoses to get a slow soaking, and call a foundation repair company to check for problems if your inside doors are sticking, or if you see gaps developing in your exterior trim. We're near Houston, experiencing the same drought/extreme heat, watered the foundation and lawns twice a week and still had to have the house levelled last weekend, the back was 2 inches lower than the front. Not fun as first time home owners but better than risking the whole house on this awful weather spell we're all suffering. A house down the block had a water pipe break on the 4th of July, we all lost water that night while it was repaired, thankfully that's been the only one on our block. Best of luck to you.
ghostlyvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement