Forming Concrete Curb On A Vertical Slope - What Do You Use? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

Forming concrete curb on a vertical slope - what do you use?

Hello all,

Getting ready for spring and I want to put in concrete lawn edging this year. I was planning to use hardboard and stakes for the forms, however I barely have any areas in my lawn that are level -- the whole thing is a few gently sloping terraces connected by fairly steep (i.e. tire-spinning if you don't get a run at it steep) grassed pathways.

The hardboard does horizontal curves on a level surface just fine, but what do folks use to allow for a vertical slope as well? I suppose the last resort would be slipforming, but I don't know of anywhere around here that rents the machine.

Any great ideas?

Thanks!
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
I suppose the last resort would be slipforming, but I don't know of anywhere around here that rents the machine.
Ayuh,.... What We do is set the compacted grades, 'n call in a Sub, with his own machine, 'n crew to lay the curbs,....

Then We back-fill, dress, 'n finish,....
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 18

Damn, that's what I was afraid of!
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement