Filling Up Dirt By Raking The Turf/grass Around Foundation Wall - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

Filling up dirt by raking the turf/grass around foundation wall

I am planning to fill more dirt around my foundation wall. if i want to remove the grass can i rake it up 3 feet width from foundation wall, put some dirt and again place that grass on the new dirt. Are there any other ideas?.
PVANKINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,342

Ayuh,.... It'd probably be easier to rake out the new dirt Over the grass, 'n let it grow through the new dirt,....
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,577

I had a similar situation. I could buy rolls of sod or I could just make my own by rolling up the grass that's there. What I did not appreciate is that there is a special machine for cutting sod. If you try to do it by hand, it is agonizingly hard work and you end up with 4 inches of soil stuck in the roots under the grass.

But it does work. Keep the grass cool and moist. Or you could reseed.
mathmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement