Fence Layout Ideas - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 53

Fence layout ideas

I live on a corner lot and I've always thought about fencing it my backyard to gain some privacy on the road. I always struggled with the idea of how I would fence in my yard because I would like to take advantage of all the space. I have a few issues with fencing all the way to the road as it would hinder my view when I back into the road and would have no place to put the snow from my driveway in the winter. I've attached a layout to my situation and was hoping someone knew of a great way to fence in my yard. The red line represents what I've thought of doing but let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Fence layout ideas-capture.jpg  
pc9460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
Banned Electrician

Rewards Points: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc9460 View Post
I live on a corner lot and I've always thought about fencing it my backyard to gain some privacy on the road. I always struggled with the idea of how I would fence in my yard because I would like to take advantage of all the space. I have a few issues with fencing all the way to the road as it would hinder my view when I back into the road and would have no place to put the snow from my driveway in the winter. I've attached a layout to my situation and was hoping someone knew of a great way to fence in my yard. The red line represents what I've thought of doing but let me know.
Put gates on the fence so you can put the snow in the back yard like you do now.
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 12

Make sure to check local codes. I know where I live, the city will not let you build taller than six feet, must be back 12" from property line and I know corner lots are particularly tricky with special codes to make sure the fence does not case an unsafe conditon with vision of traffic at the intersection.
gksswein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksswein View Post
Make sure to check local codes. I know where I live, the city will not let you build taller than six feet, must be back 12" from property line and I know corner lots are particularly tricky with special codes to make sure the fence does not case an unsafe conditon with vision of traffic at the intersection.
That's why I was thinking of putting the fence even with my house so I won't hinder my vision when I back out of my driveway and would have a place to put all the Maine snow. I'm not sure if it'd look good the way I have it drawn out. All the corner lot homes in my area are either wide open or have some Emerald Green Arborvitae planted.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #5

Does anyone have a similar situation as I do? I would be interested to see how some make there corner lot home backyard more private.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 82

We have houses like yours but HOA doesnt allow for the fence to extend past the rear plane of the house so in your situation i would stop the fence at the side of the house where the driveway is like you have in your drawing but on the other side would extend it all the way to the property line and run it out even with the rear plain of the house. (or if you want the space run it out to the front plane)
barnabas131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement