Edging/small Retaining Wall? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 625

Edging/small retaining wall?

Hello all,

Loss of a wooden fence along slightly sloped driveway, exposed the need for edging and/or small (approx 6"+) retaining wall, to keep soil under the slightly elevated ground, where the pool pump is, from sliding onto driveway. I also need to go 90 degrees up from the driveway into the yard a bit until I reach level ground, before I can install new fence.

There was thin black plastic edging along driveway but it is totally disintegrated, as well as going up into the yard a bit, which held up a little better but not much, so I'd like to avoid the thin black plastic edging.

What would you use in these situations?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Edging/small retaining wall?-edging.jpg   Edging/small retaining wall?-edging2.jpg   Edging/small retaining wall?-edging4.jpg  
a1481155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 576

Re: Edging/small retaining wall?

I recently bought Terrace Board from Home Depot. 40' x 5" x 1/8" thick. Seems sturdy...... it was $24 a roll. Comes with stakes/clips...maybe? Can't find receipt. If no HD it is made by www.mastermark.com.
Cedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 625

Re: Edging/small retaining wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedrus View Post
I recently bought Terrace Board from Home Depot. 40' x 5" x 1/8" thick. Seems sturdy...... it was $24 a roll. Comes with stakes/clips...maybe? Can't find receipt. If no HD it is made by www.mastermark.com.
Thanks!
It probably makes sense to break this down to 2 different projects:

Project 1) While leaving room for new fence, install small retaining wall/edging on slope between pool pump and driveway, from fence gate opening down, then turn 90 degrees, up into yard.

For project 1, I like the idea of blocks and/or bricks. I have some leftover bricks (see pics) that I was thinking about trying to make use here, or something like Oldcastle 12 in. x 8 in. x 4 in. Concrete Retaining Wall Block.

That said, your Terrace Board looks like it might work for me, where I go 90 degrees up from the driveway into the yard, as I get closer to level ground, where it could work more as edging rather than a retaining wall as well as other areas, not mentioned here, where I have the thin black plastic.

Project 2) Remove existing rotted wooden paver edging and replace with new non-wood edging.

For project 2, I'm thinking more long the lines of something like ProFlex Paver Edging

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Edging/small retaining wall?-edging-new.jpg   Edging/small retaining wall?-edging-new2.jpg  

Last edited by a1481155; 10-27-2017 at 02:27 PM.
a1481155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement