Driveway Drainage And Pavers - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Driveway drainage and pavers

The water from my driveway runs to the sides (through the driveway seams). And creates large pools of water on both sides of the driveway. It is fairly easy for me to create drainage to the street and fix the problem.

However, our driveway is fairly narrow, so I want to add about 2 feet worth of pavers on each side so we don't have to walk on the dirt when getting out of the car.

Because so much water is running off to the side, I think I will need drainage between the driveway and the future pavers to prevent the pavers from sinking over time because of erosion under them.

Also, I will still be able to create drainage on the other side of the pavers, I'm just not sure if I want that much water moving through the pavers to get to the drainage.

I am wondering if anyone has any solutions for my problems? Or maybe knows if a proper base should handle all the water? I'm also afraid of water moving under the driveway if we have a layer of rock deeper than the concrete, if that makes sense.

Thanks for any advise.
mark18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 4,642

Re: Driveway drainage and pavers

How about a few pictures to help with the visualizations?
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement