Dog Ear Cement Board Fence? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 72

Dog Ear Cement Board Fence?

I live in a fire prone area and I need to build some fences close to a propane tank, and later, the house.

I am coming up with an idea in my mind of building a fence of the classic dog ear style but have the dog ear members be made of fiber cement such as used for lap siding on a house. The posts and frame would ideally be made of steel that I would weld as I go. I might also be convinced to use 2x6 PT. I am thinking that some extra horizontal members might make up for any lack of strength in the fiber cement.

A cross between these two:

Hoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

How vigorous are your children and your neighbors? This will be a very brittle fence.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement