Best Sprayer For Large Area - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 205
Rewards Points: 372
Default

Best sprayer for large area


Trying to spread round up on a rather large area to kill Japanese Knotweed. Most 1-2 gallon sprayers dont have a very big spray area, looking for recommendations

Thanks
lpranger467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Ortho Dial n Spray
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ortho-Dia...1001/204758731
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 4,070
Rewards Points: 1,042
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


You can't use that sprayer with Round up
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
You can't use that sprayer with Round up
Why??
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 4,070
Rewards Points: 1,042
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Round up concentrate has to be mixed with water, 6 oz. to a gallon of water, that container only holds a quart.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10,293
Rewards Points: 1,586
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
Trying to spread round up on a rather large area to kill Japanese Knotweed. Most 1-2 gallon sprayers dont have a very big spray area, looking for recommendations

Thanks
Search tow behind sprayers with a boom. TSC and Northern Tool both have them plus many others all made in china.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hartfield VA
Posts: 36,387
Rewards Points: 17,914
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


How big is a big area?
__________________
When posting in forums, letting us know your location will help others give better feedback/advice/solutions to your questions
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
Round up concentrate has to be mixed with water, 6 oz. to a gallon of water, that container only holds a quart.

The hose adds the water as it comes out the nozzle. Fill the quart with round up and set the dial n spray to 6 oz.



BTW
6 oz to a gallon seems like a lot. But if that's what the label says, I'm not goingt to argue.


https://www.amazon.com/Ortho-Spray-M.../dp/B0071D0EZK

Last edited by BIG Johnson; 06-30-2017 at 04:39 PM.
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
Round up concentrate has to be mixed with water, 6 oz. to a gallon of water, that container only holds a quart.


"Set the Dial
The dial on top of the Dial 'N Spray has numbers in ounces, teaspoons and tablespoons. Each number corresponds to how much product will be added to 1 gallon of water. Turn the dial to the correct dilution rate in ounces, teaspoons or tablespoons for 1 gallon of water. The dial has mixtures from 1 teaspoon up to 8 ounces."



http://homeguides.sfgate.com/mixing-...er-103267.html
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 4,070
Rewards Points: 1,042
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Johnson View Post
"Set the Dial
The dial on top of the Dial 'N Spray has numbers in ounces, teaspoons and tablespoons. Each number corresponds to how much product will be added to 1 gallon of water. Turn the dial to the correct dilution rate in ounces, teaspoons or tablespoons for 1 gallon of water. The dial has mixtures from 1 teaspoon up to 8 ounces."



http://homeguides.sfgate.com/mixing-...er-103267.html
I see it has to be that specific sprayer only, i have a Miracle-gro sprayer that you can only use a granular fertilizer in.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,803
Rewards Points: 898
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
I see it has to be that specific sprayer only, i have a Miracle-gro sprayer that you can only use a granular fertilizer in.


I don't know but ortho dial n spray has been around longer than me. Growing up everyone in the neighborhood had one. I've had a couple. Every liquid pesticide I've ever bought has had a dial n spray setting listed in the instructions. It's the la z boy of yard sprayers.
BIG Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 4,070
Rewards Points: 1,042
Default

Re: Best sprayer for large area


Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Johnson View Post
I don't know but ortho dial n spray has been around longer than me. Growing up everyone in the neighborhood had one. I've had a couple. Every liquid pesticide I've ever bought has had a dial n spray setting listed in the instructions. It's the la z boy of yard sprayers.
Well Scotts owns Miracle Gro, and they do make several different types, the one i have will only use granular, go figure.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kitchen side sprayer leaks from depressor. Bought a new one, same thing. Deck Plumbing 8 10-28-2016 12:34 AM
sink sprayer gushing but hose stuck! carolitis Plumbing 1 06-08-2016 07:29 PM
Drainage issue in low lying area tbick Landscaping & Lawn Care 4 03-19-2014 03:17 PM
Help me choose the right sprayer bokeh Painting 19 05-26-2011 05:56 PM
help Chuckman Off Topic 8 06-15-2006 10:06 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts