Artificial Turf Questions - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 284

Artificial Turf questions

I'm curious if anyone on here has installed artificial turf and what suggestions might they have for someone considering it as an alternative to a lawn. As many of you may or may not know, California has been in a serious drought, and I happen to be on a well so I have to ration mine. Right now my grass is green from the previous rains but come summertime it will be a patch of brown. I'm trying to keep the kids out of the house this summer so having a lawn they can actually kick a ball around on will be a big help to that end.

I'd love to hear opinions on it and whether you would consider it if given a situation like mine. For right now, my only hangup is the cost, but I hear it has a ROI of 3-5 year. Also, I'm not sure if it will withstand a lot of running around on it or if it's particularly forgiving when a kid falls on it. I can deal with strawberry kneecaps and grass stains on clothing. Broken bones and concussions are another story...
JustScrewIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement