Artificial Grass Over Concrete? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 208

artificial grass over concrete?

I have plans to pull out the old concrete, and lay new slabs with raised beds, but the costs is several thousand and we have other more important plans that need to happen before that project.

As a work around I was considering laying artificial grass OVER the existing concrete until the re-slabbing can be done. Seems like a quick and easy project just buy, cut, and glue the grass over the concrete. Has anyone done this yet and if so what advice / company did you use for grass.

Here is a sample video I found.
LGHTme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #2

Re: artificial grass over concrete?

Update:

I had a rep come out and he said it would be pretty easy to do since I already have a large drain in the center and the concrete tappers toward that drain. Since I have a curving edge he suggested I make a large template first and put that on the back of the grass and cut the grass then lay and test.

My only concearn is the amount of heat coming off the grass when it sits in full sun. Seems like we won't be able to walk on it bare feet after all. Does anyone know if there is grass that is actually cool enough to walk on? I don't mind spending a little extra per square foot since it's such a small space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 102

Err, maybe an umbrella over the turf until your ready for the big project?
subbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
retired framer

Rewards Points: 20,738

Heard tell of people fencing it to keep kids and pets off as it was to hot.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuilder View Post
Err, maybe an umbrella over the turf until your ready for the big project?
I have cover already, but it only covers half of the patio. The half that gets sun seems to get hot. Not horribly hot, but it does get hot. I could walk on it barefoot as well as my 2 year old, but he said "dada it's HOT" and walked away. I think there are some walls to keep it cool, but I'm not doing a sand infill so it won't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement