Any "Container Orchardists" Here? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Any "Container Orchardists" here?

First off, I need to post some pics..

So anybody here much into dwarf fruit trees and growing them in containers?
My addiction started back in July when I desparately needed some color on my back porch.
I have a dwarf Meyer Lemon, Moro Blood Orange, Mexican Lime, and a Purple Passion Fruit. Looking for quite a bit more, perhaps some dwarf avocados, cherries, berry bushes, etc..

So, if you are into this sort of agriculture, I would like to hear about it: Tips, horror stories, great places to find interesting varieties.
LoneStarGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

I use to have a mini banana tree. I plant it on the ground and it grew about 5 feet tall and drop fruits about 2 feet from the ground. It was easy to chop the banana. I am not sure if you can get it in the USA. I got it from third world country before 911 by relative smuggling it through airplane LOL. Back then you can get away with a lot of stuff but now and days it's more difficult. I live in California and it growed quite good. Too bad I have to chop the plant cause it was making it difficult to mow the lawn.

Oh yeah I heard of making dawf plants by taking a root of a dawf fruit plant and choping it a few inch from the trunk at a 45 degree angle.
Add some sort of powder and set it aside.
Take a regular plant from the trunk upto the branches, and chop the stem at a 45 degree angle.
Combine the dawrf root/trunk plant and the regular stem/uper top plant.
Tie it together using some sort of green tape that is made for plants.
There you go, you can have many different kind of dawf plant as you wish. I think this method is called graphing, but i'm no exspert.

Last edited by r3dmonk3y; 12-30-2008 at 08:49 AM.
r3dmonk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement