Washer Drainpan/riser - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 188

washer drainpan/riser

Im in the planning stages of building risers that will hold a drainpan for my washer and another for the dryer. The dryer riser will be more simple than the washer....but I have 2 questions.

#1 a shock absorbing something or other to put under drain pan as well as the dryer. Any suggestions? Im in the midwest. Of course cheap is good but theres no point if it doesn't do what it's supposed to. If you have a recommendation, where would you put it? Under the drainpan or under the whole riser?

#2 as far as a slight angle to the drain-the front feet of the washer higher than the back? Is this a horrible idea?
add50317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 188

Re: washer drainpan/riser

No one has a response eh? Hope you guys aren't turning into my husband....he always say im an askhole-someone who asks your opinion and does something else.

Well I do a TON of research with all of my various DIY projects so I am putting this one here just for someone elses sake...and to give me some satisfaction.

I have a pan being made (one i get the dimensions)-(have to buy it first). I would still like to build a riser so if anyone has a recommendation on something to be used as a shock absorber that would be appreciated.

Had my plumber come by the other day-hes going to tie into the toilet 4in.

Far as the tilt, I think level is best.

No i just need to get an auto vent and buy a tacky plastic box for the hookups. Anyone out there bought the plastic box for the hardware and made there own?
add50317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,776

Re: washer drainpan/riser

I would leave the drain pan flat, level. I you get a miner leak you want to know about it.
If it slopes to the back water could drain out and never be seen before the little problem became a big problem.I guess if you do slope it you could add one of those water detectors. So you get an alarm.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement