To Visqueen Or Not To Visqueen? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary in WA

Old 07-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

To visqueen or not to visqueen?

I have removed a 6'x8' dbl. french door from a patio to a bedroom. I framed the opening and insulated with craftfaced R19 and dry-walled the inside. I put up durarock on the outside. I'm installing vertical 6" T&G bead board as an accent wall to cover the outside. It will be stained and sealed with a spar varnish. The question is should I put up visqueen over the durarock to add a moisture barrier under the T&G, or is it not necessary and will it not allow the wood to breath. The porch is covered and screened, only possibility of rain is during a hard storm. We are very humid here in Florida, so...?

Any input is appreciated.
RMDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2016, 12:38 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 526

Re: To visqueen or not to visqueen?

------------Welcome to the forums!-----------------No visqueen, just housewrap or better yet, builders paper for your WRB; http://buildingscience.com/documents...uth-assemblies

http://buildingscience.com/documents...gs?full_view=1

Gary
BigJim likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement