Vents - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Vents

My basement remodelling planning is proceeding briskly - so let's talk about air vents.

(I've attached a quick drawing of the basement)

I have a pushed air system in my house. The vents in the basement are located in the ceiling. I have five vents in total, four in the basement proper and one in the storage space.

I'd like to close off at least one of them, because the system seems to be perhaps a bit short on power to push the air everywhere. When we visited in the summer it was a bit warmer on the second floor than I'd like.

(I already have an auxiliary heating system in the basement and I have no problem adding another if needed. Right now the temperature is very comfortable, even though we just had a few very cold days, and I will likely be insulating the ceiling to help retain the heat)

My preference would be to close off vents A and B. Would that be a problem?

I also would like to move vent C from the ceiling into the wall (I'd place it at the bottom ideally) Is there an issue with having the duct run down from the ceiling into the wall?
Attached Thumbnails
Vents-plan.png  
Vincent001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement