Turning Scrap Into Gold! - Mosaic Granite Countertops - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2016, 03:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 34

turning scrap into gold! - Mosaic Granite countertops

was trying to figure out something cheap and nice looking to do with my kitchen.. then came across this sweet find..

I drove down to my local granite / marble countertop store.. and out front there was a pallet stacked up with the scrap pieces they cut away from the countertops they design..
the "Free" pile.. literally I loaded up over 750 pounds of scrap pieces ranging from skinny 1" x 36" strips thru large 24" x 16" rectangles.. I personally got about 40 pieces. all random 1" thick slabs.. some were to big for me to lift into my truck bed ..
going to bust them down into smaller chunks about baseball sized and do a mosaic granite countertop ..

free Granite Countertop...!

so go check your local countertop store and ask them if they have a scrap pile or 'Sample' pile.. most likely they do.. usually they want it out of their way

planetearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 06:34 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,220

im surprised they gave the bigger pieces away for free, many time customers will have the sink cut outs from granite made into cutting boards or slabs for bread making..but thats a great score....
WhatRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
A "Handy Husband"

Rewards Points: 606

Sounds interesting bud I have never found grouted tile on a kitchen counter top to last well. The grout joints are impossible to keep clean.

rjniles is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjniles For This Useful Post:
joecaption (02-03-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 06:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 34

going to use black sand grout for the joints.. most of the pieces I picked were either black or dark colors anyways.. will update with pics once I get it finished off.. kitchen remodel is my winter project...
planetearth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to planetearth For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (02-03-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement