Order Of Tasks - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Order of tasks

Hi everyone, i am a new comer here. Thanks for your patience.

I am about to start a major home improvement and i wonder in what order i should do the following tasks, some might be obvious but some others i have pros and cons on what to do first.

Assuming that i start with bringing to the 21st century my plumbing and electricty.

Here are my tasks: -fixing my drywalls -sanding hardwoodfloor -varnishing rhe hardwood floor -painting walls and ceiling -installing new mouldings -installing new indoor doors -backsplashes tiles
trotteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotteur View Post
Hi everyone, i am a new comer here. Thanks for your patience.

I am about to start a major home improvement and i wonder in what order i should do the following tasks, some might be obvious but some others i have pros and cons on what to do first.

Assuming that i start with bringing to the 21st century my plumbing and electricty.

Here are my tasks: -fixing my drywalls -sanding hardwoodfloor -varnishing rhe hardwood floor -painting walls and ceiling -installing new mouldings -installing new indoor doors -backsplashes tiles

Here are my tasks: -fixing my drywalls -sanding hardwoodfloor -varnishing rhe hardwood floor -painting walls and ceiling -installing new mouldings -installing new indoor doors -backsplashes tiles[/QUOTE]
I'd be doing all the sheetrock repairs, priming and painting before doing anything to the floor.
Why chance dripping paint on the floor?
Pre priming and painting all the trim with one coat will be a whole lot faster then trying to cut in three times. Paint the final coat once it's installed to cover up any filled nail holes and caulking.
trotteur (12-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
Retired Moderator

Rewards Points: 7,174

Fix your drywall--prime and paint the first coat----Get the floors refinished---
then add your new doors and trim---then, the final painting.

If you do the trim work before the floors are finished,the floor finisher will ,most likely, cause damage to the new trims---

Rosin paper will protect the new floors from paint and scuffs---
trotteur (12-06-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
general improvement