My New Remodel Project. - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-15-2015, 11:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,792

My new remodel project.

Well, my house sold. Goes to closing in 2 weeks. We redid just about everything in this place. Told the wife I never wanted to do another remodel again. So guess what? We are buying a forecloser. More remodeling!!!
This ones dirty, and has a couple leaky windows. Master bath shower has leaked too, into the kitchen ceiling. Tons of rotten trim outside. But it's only 12 years old, and stands exactly as it was first built. There's not even any holes in the wall for window treatments. There's tape left behind from what I can only guess were sheets and/or towels hanging in front of the windows.
So here we go again........another house that we will pour some blood, sweat and tears into to make it ours. So I'll make this my official foreclosed house remodel thread, documenting what I do along the way.
Here it is now, just a couple pics I stole off the online listing
Attached Images

roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #2

The inside. I'll get some better pics for you guys soon.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 766

Get to the important part. Did you make a few $$$ on your sold house and did you get a screaming deal on the foreclosure?

I am a CPA and don't mind going home and doing the opposite of my job. Less than a year on our remodel and then time to start looking for a new project. Want to stay in the neighborhood, but the builders are knocking on doors to buy houses and tear down and build new.

B
Beepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #4

Broke even on my house sale, got this new place for about 100k less then other houses in the neighborhood.
I'm putting roots down here, not gonna give this place up easy.
Pics are still coming, just haven't been over there in around a week.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 4,212

I'm still not convinced this is a fix-er-upper..
ron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #6

Ok, sorry for the delay guys. Been to the new house but keep failing to get any new pics. My old house closed last Friday.
Got the house and septic inspected. House was about what we expected. Septic wound up with 33" of sludge in the bottom of the tanks and will require some relatively minor d box repairs. Inspector said based on what he saw it hadn't been pumped in many years.
Radon test was negative.
Hoping to get an early appointment on closing day, 6/26. That way I can get going that day and get all the floors ripped out, and start scrubbing out the dirt.
Closing in the middle of summer is gonna make landscaping difficult. Might save that till fall when it cools off.
Starting to get my game plan going for my construction schedule.
I'm excited to get rolling. Got a lot to do and I want to compress it into a short time frame, so I can enjoy at least some of the summer in the new place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement