Masonry Work Price Quote - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
Question

Masonry Work Price Quote

Hey. I'm so so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot. It's my first time using this site, but I've got a general question.

We have a brick fireplace area in our home that we're looking to deepen, in order to accommodate a wood burning stove. We were told it needs to be made about 1-brick deeper and it's three bricks high. The whole area is about 4 feet wide. So I'm guessing that's about 50 bricks in total? (I really have no idea.)

Anyway, we're having a really hard time finding more than one company to give us an estimate. Nobody does interiors, apparently. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the price quoted to me by the ONE COMPANY who will do it seems fair. We live on Long Island in New York, so things in general are a bit more expensive than they'd be elsewhere. We were quoted $1000 for the whole job or $1300 with a bluestone top over the whole thing (like, also over the preexisting brick). Does this seem fair? We need to make a decision and I'm very inclined to just go with it because I just want to get this show on the road.

Thank you in advance. And again, I'm sorry if this was posted in the wrong spot.
lauralaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 3,638

I am not anywhere near the BIG CITY, so I can only guess.
Sounds good to me, knowing that the cost of everything there is much higher than most anywhere else in U S A.

Surely there are more than one mason around there that does this kind of job, keep looking for some more , then you will know the range of pricing better.

ED
de-nagorg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to de-nagorg For This Useful Post:
joecaption (10-28-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4,212

Would this be your store..?
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-...s/N-5yc1vZboge

Those prices don't look too different.
If what you said is correct, that comes to $20 a brick.

If it were me....
Purchase a book from home depot and give it shot..
ron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brick fireplace , bricks , mason , masonary , price comparison