Kitchen Sink Help - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Calson

Old 03-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #1

Kitchen sink help

Was looking to buy a new kitchen sink and was wondering when something has dimensions of like 33 by whatever for instance..is that the measurement from edge to edge of the top of the sink or is it the dimensions for the counter opening or??
pbrady178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,361

Re: Kitchen sink help

Typically a sink will be dimensioned to include the flange, e.g. a 33x19 sink will have a bowl that's actually 31" wide and 17" deep (horizontally). However, a sink will also typically provide you the bowl dimensions.
huesmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019, 12:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 484

Download the product data sheet for the sink. You will get all the dimensions including the under the counter profile to show setback from the wall that is provided. I have done this for more than a dozen hand and kitchen sinks prior to ordering them.

With stainless steel kitchen sinks they are usually made in two different gauges and the "commercial" ones will use thicker gauge steel and is well worth the extra expense to avoid problems with dings and dents in the future.
Dave Sal and Domo like this.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2019, 05:28 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 30

I'm a big fan of the silgranit sinks if you're doing undermount. We have a Blanco single bowl sink in our kitchen. My wife thought she needed cast iron, however because of the cost of cast iron and the incredible surveys of silgranit we tried it. She keeps on raving about this sink since we've had it for a year.
barnettnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 484

I would never go with something like silgranite for a kitchen sink where replacement is going to be extremely expensive. As per the manufacturer:
Resistant to scratches, stains and all household acids and alkali solutions

Keyword is "resistant" and my sister-in-law put in one of these sinks and now has to be careful about which cleaners she uses. No such worries with stainless steel, though it is important to buy the heavier gauge stainless as the thin gauge ones can dent.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement