Installing Kitchen Cabinets Directly Over Ram Board? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2018, 06:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
Question

Installing Kitchen Cabinets Directly Over Ram Board?

Hi everyone,

We used Painter's Tape to put down Ram Board in out kitchen. We did this to protect our new pre-finished hardwood floor since we were having cabinet deliveries. We also had a contractor come and install cabinets when we weren't there.

He installed the cabinets over the ram board. There are some places where painter's tape is on the floor and running under the cabinet.

I assumed that before installing cabinets, he would cut around and remove the ram board where the cabinets would go. He suggested we cut into the ram board and remove it ourselves that way. That seems very difficult to do without making the ram board or painter's tape visible under the cabinet.

If I can get him to remove the ram board and painters tape for free, should I? I was shocked to see the install right over "temporary floor protection." If nothing else, shouldn't the tape come up that is directly on the edge of the floor? Is it routine practice to install over ram board and should I just cut around it on my own? I'd rather not be liable for any damage if it is difficult to do.

Thank you!
Ambrofoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 3,676

Re: Installing Kitchen Cabinets Directly Over Ram Board?

You have hardwood flooring in your kitchen and he installed cabinets over Ram Board? You can't legislate stupid. If the owner of the company didn't install the cabinets himself, politely call him and invite him to look over the situation. If he is worth his salt, he will have his crew return to do the job right. The only other alternative would be to install shoe molding around the cabinet bases to hide where you cut the ram board and tape out.
The Following User Says Thank You to chandler48 For This Useful Post:
Ambrofoli (07-31-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement