How To Frame For Faucet Plumbing And A Medicine Cabinet - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

How to frame for faucet plumbing and a medicine cabinet

I'm doing a bathroom remodel and need some help/advice. I need to reframe a portion of the bath to accommodate a vanity and faucet plumbing along with a medicine cabinet. Problem I am having is the centerline for the plumbing is dead set on an existing stud, and there is the vent stack plumbing running through that area as well. It will be used for the new plumbing in the bath along the wall.

I was thinking of doing studs 16 in on center, on either side of the plumbing centerpoint, and notching them out around the vent plumbing. Finally building out the framing for a medicine cabinet roughly about 6in above the pipe. I think this wall might be load bearing. Which if that is the case, from my understanding you can't notch out a stud more than 20% of its width.

I appreciate any advice you may have.
Attached Thumbnails
How to frame for faucet plumbing and a medicine cabinet-2016-07-26-12.07.59.jpg   How to frame for faucet plumbing and a medicine cabinet-tmp_6210-20160726_120648-1321081559.jpg   How to frame for faucet plumbing and a medicine cabinet-tmp_6210-20160726_120700884230237.jpg  
Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,826

Re: How to frame for faucet plumbing and a medicine cabinet

#1, You have old steel plumbing that really should be replaced any way.
At some point it's all going to leak and close up on the inside.
Looks like it's a vent line, cut it off and reroute it it with PVC and hubless connectors.
Advertisement