High Celings A Problem! Solution? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

High Celings a Problem! solution?

Hi There! I am going to go on and say that I am NOT a DIY' by any means But Before I call someone out I would like to get opinions from people who are! =)

Ok heres my problem... Our living room has high ceilings. It is almost impossible to keep the home warm in the winter and cool in the summer (peak months of course) We have had someone come out and do all of the things to try and fix this problem. (ac unit upgrade,ducts cleaned,windows sealed ect ect.) Also its just a lot of unused space. When we first bought the home it was a WOW factor but now that we have lived in it for a few years, not so much anymore.. I have thought maybe to lower the celings.. Add another room above then just extend the ducts. (again im not entirely sure you can even do these things!) Here are a few pictures.

In the second picture you can see a ledge that already has a solid floor. i have no idea why? but the back wall is the wall of the spare bedroom.

Thanks again! any information would help!
Jsmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

Rewards Points: 7,174

I decked over part of my two story great room---you will need to get an architect,designer or engineer to draw up the plans--but ,yes--it can be done.

I've also lowered the ceilings in several customers rooms---That is a simple process--
Advertisement