Garage Door Conversion/cost Effectiveness - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 160

Garage door conversion/cost effectiveness

Hello everyone, im here seeking some opinions. I am planning on converting my garage into a recording studio/workspace. My biggest hurdle is what to do with the garage door. There are some beautiful bi-fold accordion style doors that can be made to stretch the span of my existing garage door but the quotes start at 8k .

Below is an example of what im thinking. Obviously this will take some labor to pull off but, I love the aesthetic. I also see a huge bonus in still being able to get a car into the garage. Come the day that I decide to sell my home I see that being a good selling point. This would also help with cutting down outside noise and I would be able to manage sound proofing the smaller garage door from the inside if need be.

What are you guys'/gals' thoughts on this? Too much hassle for what its worth? or perhaps a creative alternative?

As is and idea:

https://imgur.com/a/FlvMx
mathbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,588

Re: Garage door conversion/cost effectiveness

Builders of new subdivisions often build the garage of a house into a construction or sales office. We just left the door in place and in front of that we build a wall with a window and a double door just like a new front entrance to the house. The big garage door could be left open or closed at night.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement